Home » » Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day

Posted by maisonduperle on Friday, June 19, 2009

Here's a toast to all the fathers out there, and in particular to my dad, Lynwood, Sr.; my husband, Taronald; my brother, Lynwood, Jr.; and my father-in-law, Charles. I send up a special blessing for them and the many other fathers I know (way too many to list here).


"God our Father, in your wisdom and love, you made all things. Bless those fathers, who have taken upon themselves the responsibility of parenting. Bless these men, (especially my dad, my husband, my brother, my father-in-law, my uncles, my cousins and friends) that they may find strength as fathers. Let the example of their faith and love shine forth. Strengthen them by your love that they may become the loving, caring persons they are meant to be and grant that we, their sons and daughters, may honor them always with a spirit of profound respect and love. I speak this prayer, In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

And in keeping in line with the topics of the Coco Trendy Events blog, let me recommend a wedding movie that helps us celebrate Father's day, Father of the Bride.


I usually am partial to originals but I can make an exception for Steve Martin because he did a fairly good job reprising the role made famous by Spencer Tracy. This a great feel good movie and it's a wonderful choice for reminding us how important our dads are to us and how often dads come to the rescue, especially when it comes to making their little girl's dreams come true.


Thanks for reading & sharing maisonduperle

Previous
« Prev Post

0 komentar:

Post a Comment